Monday 16 April 2018

Friday, March 9th, 2018

Long term success is not a place we find and then rest but long term success is a place for those who keep trying to be all that God called them to be.  Paul the Apostle did learn to become content but he never stopped moving forward.  Philippians 3:14 “I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” 
Coming into rest is when you have received inward confidence from the Lord.  Watch this; Confidence is not when you have studied hard and know all the answers but confidence is revealed when you are no longer worried about any of the questions.  It’s when you know who you are in Christ and you are no longer afraid of what others think about who you are.  I have confidence in you as I see the Lord releasing to you many areas of blessing.  Keep moving forward, it’s your season to shine in the name of the Lord Jesus.
When I first received Jesus I wasn’t married yet and I was very concerned about my family.  My mom and dad, brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, cousins none were saved and they were all deeply on my mind.   How will I reach them?  Who will ever tell them?  As I was praying the voice of the Lord spoke to me and said if I focus on serving the Lord He will see to it that I get to bring the message of Christ to them.  That promise was over 40 years ago.
          Over the past 15 years many of my family have passed away with the request that I come and do their funeral.  I never thought when God gave me the promise that this would be the way He would fulfill it.  Who would have thought that the day would come when I would be standing in the office of a minister, sharing my faith with my family, plus many more.   
Once again this past week when my uncle died Bobby died the family called and asked if I would do the funeral service for them.  I’m reminded of the faithfulness of God for that which He has promised He is faithful to bring it to pass. 
Saturday evening @ 7 is Youth at the church and they are gearing up for their Youth retreat in New Glasgow next weekend.  
This Sunday I’ll be away conducting a family funeral for my uncle and Pastor Mark will be sharing the word of the Lord with you here.  Come to church expecting your needs to be met in Jesus name.
Our Fellowship Wagon Ride is coming up on Saturday March 24th.  There are about 180 people signed up and the cost is 20 per adult, 15 per child, 15 per student or 50 per family.  If you haven't paid yet please have your money in on Sunday. 
We are going to have a busy Easter Weekend; on Good Friday we will join with My Father's House Church in Glace Bay.  This is the new name for the former Bethel Family Church.  On Easter Saturday it's our annual Men's Breakfast.  Check with Martin for more details.
On Easter Sunday evening its our Water Baptism service.  @6pm we start off with fellowship followed by the service.  Once again we want to thank the Faith Baptist Church for loaning us their church building.  We already have many people who want to be baptized so let us know if you want to follow the scriptures in this area of your life. 
Continue to pray for all those in need, looking forward to seeing you soon, lots of love Pastor Kevin and Alice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment