Saturday 8 November 2014

Friday, October 31st, 2014


What a wonderful day in the neighborhood.  I hope you are all enjoying this day as it is the day that the Lord has made.  The goodness of God in today is always greater and better than any event that happens within the day. The test of a bad moment, or the test of a bad day is to remember to remind ourselves about what we believe.  As we tell ourselves what we believe our words will put a different point of view on our circumstances.  I have learned that it is better for me to question my circumstances than to allow my circumstances to question my beliefs.  Faith declares what it is I believe and by faith I continue to believe until my circumstances change. Galatians 5:1 "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage."
Tick tock the clocks go back tomorrow night so enjoy the extra hour's sleep.  This Sunday is...wait for it.....wait for it...it's Family Sunday.  10:15 we start with food and fellowship and the opportunity to get to know your brothers and sisters in Christ.  It's also the opportunity to invite a friend that they may hear the Gospel.  My message will be on, 'The Anointed Church.'  Why did Jesus say that He would build a church?  What is the church suppose to be?  There is no evening service on Family Sunday.
Continue to pray for those in need.  Please pray for Bill Sweet's wife Don and their family as Bill went home to be with his Savior and Lord this week.  Bill was a faithful church goer until his recent health issues.  He is now absent from us and yet he rejoices in the present of the Lord.  Pray also for Carl MacDonald and Charlene Petrie who are recovering.  
Looking forward to seeing you, lots of love Pastor Kevin and Alice    

No comments:

Post a Comment