Saturday 8 November 2014

Friday, October 24th, 2014


Give thanks to the Lord for He is good.  In order for you to give thanks, you must have it first within you to give it forth from you.  There are only two types of attitudes that we all have towards life.  One is, 'what's in it for me, what do I get.'  The other is, 'what can I give or what can I do to help.'  Matthew 6:38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."  It's like the statement, 'Ask not what can your country do for you but ask what can you do for your country.'  It's in helping others that the Lord looks to help you.  It's in giving that we receive.  It's in working to provide for others that the Lord will work to provide for you.  Look around at your world today and give something to encourage someone that God is good.    
This Sunday morning I'll be sharing on, 'At All Times.'  The event or the experience of our salvation should cause us to rejoice at all times.  Since I've been saved there have be trying times but at those times when I recall the blessing of my salvation I rejoice.  Things can be bad, times can be dark, storms can be strong but nothing has ever been so bad, nothing has even been so dark, nor has any storm been so strong that the glorious light of Jesus in my heart has gone out.  Sunday evening Pastor Mark will share with us the Word of the Lord.  Pastor Mark has great faith for God to meet your need.  Come out and be encouraged to receive your miracle. 
Next Saturday in Halloween and we have 'tracts' that you can have to go in the children's treat bags.  Next Sunday is Nov. 1st and it's Family Sunday so don't forget to invite a friend.  Continue to pray for all those in need and pray for Charlene Petrie who is recovering from surgery.  I'm looking forward to seeing you on Sunday, lots of love Pastor Kevin and Alice    

No comments:

Post a Comment