Sunday 13 April 2014

Friday, April 11th, 2014


Praise the Lord for His Amazing mercy and grace.  This week I asked a question at Bible study; (about 40 people) on a scale of 1-10 how much does it bother you if someone lies to you?  Almost everyone said 10. I thought afterwards how we are made in the image of God so I wonder how much it bothers God when someone lies to Him.  In the New Testament after Jesus died on the cross and rose again, in the book of Acts, 2 people died on the spot for lying to the Holy Spirit.  In the last chapter of the last book of the Bible.  Revelations 21:6-8 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.  He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.  But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."  I would have to say from scripture that God scores a 10 when it comes to someone lying to Him.  Lying and truth from the same mouth is like muddy water and clear water in the same glass.  As believers we need to be only speaking the truth in love if we want the world to only hear the truth and come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
This Sunday is Palm Sunday and in the morning I'll be sharing on, 'A Difference of Opinion.'  What the Holy Spirit is doing and what we think He's doing maybe different.  Misunderstanding God will always lead us into the weary land of confusion.  Sunday evening, 'Keeping Tabs on Your Talent.'  Everyone has something to offer in making the church whole.  How does your talent fit into the body of Christ?
Remember to pray for all those in need.  Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday, lots of love Pastor Kevin and Alice      

No comments:

Post a Comment