Tuesday 25 February 2014

Friday, February 21st, 2014


Praise the Lord for giving us the power to make choices.  It's the best thing and the worse thing depending upon the choice we make.  How we make our choices reveals our feelings about the issue.  If you ask someone to invite a friend to church, they can say, 'I could never do that, I won't do that, I think I can do that, I'll try to do that, sure I can do that, I will do that today, or 'I already have been doing that.'  Their choice of words makes you feel glad you asked them or I will never ask them to do anything again.  I think for all of us anything different can seem awkward the first time we try.   Remember learning to tie your shoe laces?  I can't do it, I'll never get it, hold it a minute maybe I can, I almost got it, look everyone I did it.  Paul the Apostle who walked through some things wrote Philippians 4:12-13 "I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Make good choices today and may you find good success in all you choose to do.
This weekend; Tonight from 7-9 there is an open house at Suzanne Doane's 317 Cartier Street for Marielle Robinson who is moving to Calgary next week.  Tomorrow morning @ 8:30 there is a Men's Breakfast at Sydney Pentecostal Church and tomorrow evening @7 at our church there will be a Leadership training time with Pastor Ted Yuke.  Pastor Ted has spend a lifetime gaining wisdom in leading the church forward and helps those who want to move to the next level.  Sunday morning Pastor Ted will bring the morning message.  Pastor Ted has been asked to share his vision and revelation of Jesus Christ around the world so don't miss it.  There will be no evening service this Sunday.
Next Sunday is Family Sunday so invite someone and let's see if we can fill the overflow.
Continue to pray for all those in need, looking forward to seeing you over the weekend, lots of love, Pastor Kevin and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment