Tuesday 25 February 2014

Friday, February 14th, 2014


'Just call me sweetheart I'm in love with you.'  Happy Valentine's Day.  There's something nice about that word sweetheart.  It projects a much warmer feeling than words like sourpuss, hardhearted, and cold-hearted.  Calling someone your sweetheart seems to be more of the way that we would talk about a current happy fresh loving now relationship.  When Jesus came into our heart He sweetened us and He gave us great joy.  Pastor Mervin Yuke my former Pastor told me time and time again, 'Kevin, keep sweet.' He seemed to tell me that a lot as I was dealing with sour people.  It's no secret, life tries to sour us all but the same sweetener that forgive the first time is always new and fresh every morning.  Psalm 89:28 "I will maintain my love to him forever, and my covenant with him will never fail."  To maintain our love for those we love should be our personal mission for life.  Go ahead, do something sweet for your sweetheart today.
This Sunday morning I'll be sharing on, 'What Do You Do?'  The Bible says that we reap what we sow but what do you do when you are weeping over a reaping that you didn't plant?  Sunday evening Pastor Mark will be sharing the Word and Melanie MacDonald will be sharing about her upcoming mission trip.
Next weekend we will have with us a very special friend Pastor Ted Yuke.  Last year when Alice and I attended the CFCM National Conference in Calgary, Pastor Ted was the keynote speaker.  Pastor Ted travels the globe bringing a healing word of help and hope to the nations.  When our family moved here is 1990 Pastor Ted was one of the key people to promote the work of the Lord in this area.  Saturday evening Feb 22nd @7 Pastor Ted will be sharing with all those that work, help, and lead in any area of ministry within the Fellowship church.  Sunday morning Feb 23rd Pastor Ted will bring the Word and there will be no evening service so come out in the morning and invite 2 friends. 
Continue to pray for all those in need, lots of love, looking forward to seeing you on Sunday, Pastor Kevin and Alice     

No comments:

Post a Comment