Monday 21 October 2013

Friday, October 18th, 2013


Someone said that the best place to look for a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.  I believe it means if you need help to solve a problem the first place to look is inward.  You can't expect others to help you with your problem if you are unwilling to help yourself.  People that present a problem but expect you to fix their problem become high maintenance relationships.  Jesus said to His disciples, follow me and you will be made into what God intended for you to become.  Jesus can lead us but it was up to us to follow if we want to become.  Someone else following Jesus doesn't fix me, I need to follow and as I do His strength empowers me to help me.  Be determined today to follow the Lord.
Tomorrow is the Loaves and Fishes Food Drive.  All those interested in helping can show up before 9:30 at Loaves and Fishes.  This Sunday morning I'll be sharing on, "A Lost Ministry."  What happens when you lose something important and how do you get it back?  Sunday evening I'll be sharing on "Spiritual Order."  God is the God of order and when things becoming confusing it's a sign that it's out of Godly order.  A sign that a person has found Christ will be the new way that they order their life and the things that are important on God's list, becomes what's important on our list. 
Continue to pray for those in need, looking forward to seeing you on Sunday. lots of love, Pastor Kevin and Alice     

No comments:

Post a Comment